TrendingRED Community Code of Conduct
We at TrendingRED are dedicated to sustain a respectable platform for the online community to actively engage in online discussions on trending news, stories and posts.
Commenting and Moderation Policy
The TrendingRED community encourages commenting on news, articles and posts published on our site. We are committed to provide a safe, transparent and respectful space for our online community. Everyone is welcomed to voice their opinions regardless of their ethnicity, religion, politics, ideology, agreement or disagreement with community members, authors or staffs as long as it is voiced in a respectful manner which does not degrade, insult or attack the other party. While every individual perception is unique, we encourage you not to misrepresent, and comment as yourself.
Our code of conduct is developed in order to maintain an atmosphere which is enjoyable and civil to all walks of life.
In order to uphold this, we have put in place a moderating system and we request that you follow these guidelines when sharing your thoughts and knowledge. Please keep the following in mind when writing your comments. And Kindly note that any comment which do not fall under our code of conduct will not be published on our website.
- Any comment(s) that challenges, disparage or encourage any act against Islam. And/or any comment that validates or invalidate a ruling regarding any crime or act that is prohibited in Islam.
- Any comment(s) that is intentionally targeted to victimize, derail, troll or bait a person or party.
- Any comment(s) that voice or encourage acts that are against the rights of a person.
- Any comment(s) that voice or encourage acts that promote violence, crime, or turmoil within the community.
- Any comment(s) that voice or encourage acts against the Maldivian Acts and regulations.
- Any comment(s) that is as a direct or indirect threat or warning and/or intended to oppress or insult an individual or group. If a credible threat is made to an individual or group, not only will it not be published but it is likely that it will be reported to the relevant law enforcement agencies and our cooperation will be given to the full extent.
- Any comment(s) that is intended to advertise/promote a group/product/service or to degrade a group/product/service.
- Any comment(s) that disregard the beliefs within the society or intended to be disrespectful to the community.
- Any comment(s) that voice or encourage sexual, illicit, expletives or obscene behavior.
- Any comment(s) that challenges, disparage or disrespect any country, community or individual.
- Any comment(s) about a country, community or individual that does not hold any validity or proof.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove any comment(s) which does not fall within our code of conduct. If required, individuals who intentionally or consistently post any such comments will lose their capability to comment and if we deem necessary, maybe excluded from our online community permanently.
Moreover, to sustain a civil and enjoyable online space for our community, we reserve the right to have our moderation team read comments before they are published on our website. The review period will vary depending on the site wide comment load. Please do not resubmit the same comments or complain to the moderators under the assumption your comment was deleted, as this will prolong the review period. Thus, we request your patience.
Furthermore, if we identify spread of misinformation or misrepresentation, it will be removed.
Personally identifiable information should never be posted to the TrendingRED comments section for the privacy and protection of all community members. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses. Any comments that contain this information may be deleted.