Damaged hair. We’ve all been there. Blow dryers, products, and weather take a toll on our locks, so it is important to nourish and stimulate your scalp and hair with powerful nutrients provided by Mother Nature to achieve bouncy, glossy hair.
All natural, organic homemade hair masks not only nourishes the scalp and hair roots efficiently, it’s cheap and very easy to make as well. You only need a few simple kitchen ingredients.
Nutrifying Egg Hair Mask
Before you make a disgusted “ewww” face, imagine the soft feel and lustrous shine your hair will have after you treat it to a round of calcium, protein and other nutrients. Eggs are PACKED with these numerous nutrients. In fact, the protein found in eggs is one of the highest quality you can find in any food. From Vitamin D which prevents hair loss and balding, to Potassium, which prevents hair breakage, an egg mask will give a huge benefit to your hair.
· 1 egg (For especially long or thick hair, use 2 eggs)
· 1 cup milk ( for shorter hair use ¼ cup or ½ cup)
· 1 squeeze of lemon
· 2 tbsps of olive oil
You will also need a plastic shower cap.
1. First, separate the egg white and yolk depending on your hair type. For oily hair, you will only use egg whites and inversely, for dry hair use only the egg yolk. For normal hair, use the whole egg. Place whichever part of the egg you are using in a clean bowl and dispose of the rest how you will (maybe as part of a tasty omelet).
2. Beat the egg, add the milk and olive oil to the egg mixture, and mix well.
3. Add a squeeze of lemon to the mixture – this will give you scalp a refreshing feel.
4. Massage the mixture into the scalp, working from the roots to the tips of the hair and let it sit for around 15 minutes. Cover your hair with the shower cap, as you don’t want drops of egg mixture everywhere.
5. Wash the mixture out of hair thoroughly using lukewarm or cold water, making sue to get rid of all the eggy bits.
6. Use an organic fruit shampoo for a final cleanse.
Homemade Banana Hair Mask
Bananas are incredible beauty fruits, as they are super rich in potassium, vitamin, anti-oxidants and natural oils. They have amazing moisturizing properties that will strengthen your hair to prevent breakage and split ends, maintain your natural hair elasticity and make your hair bouncy and healthy. Here are some of the powerful nutrients found in bananas:
· Potassium. Heals dry, damaged hair.
· Vitamin A. Strengthens hair follicles and nourishes dry hair.
· Vitamin E. Promotes healthy hair and scalp.
· Vitamin C. Regulates hair oil.
· 1 to 2 overripe bananas
· 1 teaspoon coconut oil
· 1 teaspoon olive oil
· 1 tablespoon honey
1. Blend the bananas very smoothly, until there are absolutely no chunky or teeny tiny banana pieces.
2. Add the honey, coconut, and olive oil to your delicious mixture and blend again.
3. Slather the smoothie into your hair and let it sink into your scalp for about 10 minutes.
4. Thoroughly rinse the mixture out with warm water. Afterward, take your time to comb through your hair. You want to make sure you have removed any pieces you may not have blended properly.
5. Do a final rinse. Because bananas smell delicious, you need not use shampoo.
Homemade Yogurt Hair Mask
Yogurt is packed with anti-oxidants, vitamins, calcium and protein. Yogurt has moisturizing properties that help control oily, greasy hair by washing away excess oil in the scalp and hair. This recipe can also be combined with other kitchen ingredients, such as bananas for more moisturizing hair care or strawberries for extra oil control.
· 1/2 cup of yogurt (or less, depending on your hair volume and length)
· 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
· 1 teaspoon of honey
1. Mix the yogurt, apple cider vinegar, and honey in a bowl.
2. Apply the mixture to the scalp, working from the roots to the ends of the hair.
3. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
4. Wash again with an organic fruit shampoo to get rid of any lingering yogurt smell.