That box of cake mix you just picked up from the shop? It can do a lot more than just baking a cake!
If you do not have all the ingredients needed to make the perfect chocolate chip cookies, or simply have a box of chocolate cake mix lying around on a hot day, we got the perfect recipes for you! They are super easy to make, and fun to taste your favourite desserts prepared in different ways.
For cookie lovers and chocolate ice cream fanatics, here are two unique ways you can use the cake mix.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- 100 gram of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare the tray by placing parchment paper on it, and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir until it is combined together well. Once it is done it should look similar to the normal cookie dough mixture.
- Form small balls from the dough and place them on the prepared tray (make sure to leave enough space between each dough ball).
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes or until it is golden brown.
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups of double cream
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 4 tablespoon of your favourite chocolate spread
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Add the double cream and condensed milk into a large bowl, and whip both ingredients together.
- Add the chocolate cake mix and continue to mix until everything is combined nicely.
- Take out a loaf pan, and pour in the mixture.
- Drop four tablespoons of your favourite chocolate spread and swirl it into the mixture with a knife.
- Pop it into the freezer for about four hours or until it has frozen completely.
- You can serve eat it by itself, serve it on top of a brownie, or add in some whipped cream and enjoy!
Do give these recipes a try. They are ideal to prepare as a delicious dessert for a simple gathering with your family and friends, a day that you are craving for cookies, or fun to serve your guests at a party (adult or kids!)